- 4 lb small purple and white potatoes
- 2 tsps sugar
- 4 Tbsps white balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped chives
- 2 Tbsps grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
Cook potatoes until just tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and cool. Whisk together sugar and 3 tablespoons vinegar in a large bowl until sugar is dissolved. When potatoes are cool, cut them in half, and add to vinegar mixture, tossing gently to combine. Whisk together chives, mustard, and remaining tablespoon vinegar in a small bowl, then add oil, whisking until emulsified. Add dressing to potatoes, then season with salt and pepper.