Heading to the cottage?
Try this easy, make-ahead, Slow-cooker Zesty Chili
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey or chicken
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2-3 Tbsps chili powder
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Cook first 4 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until turkey crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Place mixture in 5-quart slow cooker; stir in beans and remaining ingredients. Cook at HIGH 3-4 hours or at LOW 5-6 hours.
Tip—top with cilantro and shredded cheddar cheese